You may agree with me if I say “Memories are temporary and fades with time”. Only a few memories have the tendency to last lifelong. So, why not all memories last long? After all, all are precious?
The answer to this question is very simple. “Human mind has limited storage and it cannot store everything”. It only saves those memories that have a strong impact on our lives.
If you are a new parent or a to-be parent, you probably remember the first daddy or first mummy of your child but not all the “firsts”. You may remember the birthday of the baby but not the time of birth.
So, what’s the solution for all such memories? To save all these dates, time, instances, and everything which you want to remember in the future and live these again and again; you need a unique baby memory book.
The baby memory book is a journal in which you can save all memories of your baby by writing and affixing a photo, or all together. These books are mainly preferred for a baby of 0 to 1 years of age and 1 to 5 years of age. These are two different categories.
To save all these memories, you don’t need to be an artist. You need to be a responsible parent.
The instances which you will save in these books would help you and your child to remember the early life.
What to Include in Baby Memory Books?
The answer to this question is pretty simple. You need to include those memories which you want to remember in the future or want to live it again. The best is to affix photos along with the written text in your handwriting in a specific journal.
I would recommend you to click and paste high-quality photos because physical photos tend to fade with time. You can include photos of-
- Baby shower
- Baby delivery
- First time when you held your baby
- Baby when he/she came home for the first time
- Handprint and footprints
- All the “firsts” like the first smile, laugh, sleeping in the night, the first tooth, crawling on the floor, first steps, and more. You would know better than me.
- Baby with family members
- Doctors and nurses that are present at the time of delivery
- Milestones like first daddy or mommy, first sitting, and lots more.
In addition to this, you can write information like weight and length of the baby at the time of birth.
To make the memory book for baby special, write some notes and stories about your parenthood experience. Like, you can include the story when your baby called you daddy or mommy for the first time.
A family tree is a must in a baby memory book. Because no one knows when is the last day on earth. Especially, add photos of old people of your family.
The last thing, add some uniqueness with the memory book f to make it special. The uniqueness that only you can add.
In this blog, I am going to give you a list of top 10 baby memory books available on Amazon and highly rated by most of the parents like you.
Top 10 Baby memory Books
1 – Pearhead First 5 Years Chevron Baby Memory Book
- Lack of blank pages to write or store information as desired.
- No space available for months, like 1st month, 2nd month.
- Available in 11 themes and 4 colors
- It allows you to cover 5 birthday if you want to keep track of your baby for long.
- It includes 50 guided journal pages with space for photos
- Toxic-free ink pad to create baby’s foot print
- A number of pages are available like, Baby’s introduction, who this book belongs to, about mummy and daddy, visitors’ gifts, homecoming, bathing schedule. and lots more
- You can include photos throughout the journal along with a note.
- Easy to create baby’s footprints with toxic-free ink.
- All pages are acid-free that let your baby touch his/her memory book
- The cover page of this book provides separate spaces to include the baby photo and the footprint.
- Includes blank pages to add more memories
- It comes with a hard plastic box that would help you store it safely.
2 – Pearhead Hello Beautiful First 5 Years Baby Memory Book
- You cannot affix the baby’s foot print on cover page as the placement is not available.
- The family tree page doesn’t provide enough space for families with step-parents.
- The print inside the book is of Gray color instead of Black. Some people find it difficult to read.
- This baby memory book is preferred for baby girl because it comes pink in color.
- It includes a combination of pink and white pages
- Has 50-guided journal pages and specific space for photos
- You can insert a photo of baby of size 3” X 3”.
- It includes a number of pages like baby’s introduction, about mother and father, family tree, baby shower, and more.
- This book includes pages from 1st birthday to 5th birthday.
- It provide separate space to affix photos like baby’s sonogram, the family, pregnant mother photos, baby sleeping, and many more.
- More space for writing over pictures.
- Comes with a plastic box that helps you keep it safe after use.
- The cover page of this memory book is beautiful as it is decorated black, white, and gold design.
3 – Lil Peach First 5 Years Dream Big Wordplay Baby Memory Book Journal
- This book doesn’t contain any pages where you can mention the lost or gained tooth.
- Less pages to record baby’s first.
- This book doesn’t has month log. It goes from Birth to 1 year.
- Footprint kit is not available.
- No teeth chart is available.
- Acid free 46 fill in pages
- This book is based on Pink wordplay pattern and is specifically for baby girls.
- It includes a number of pages like, baby’s first holiday, baby shower gift, pregnancy gifts,
- Available in 3 colors.
4 – Baby Memory Book with Keepsake Box
- Not suitable for single mother as it asks questions about husband and marriage.
- It has mostly blue color on the cover page that makes it a “boy’s book” rather than gender neutral book.
- No place for footprint.
- This product includes three things i.e. memory book, keepsake box, and monthly stickers.
- It contains 64 pages for various purposes, like mommy and daddy meet, baby gifts, family tree, and more.
- You can affix two photos on the cover page of this baby memory book.
- This comes with 13 monthly milestones along with 30 bonus stickers.
- Various kinds of holiday stickers is available with this book, like Christmas, New Year, Halloween, Easter, and more.
- Most valuable “Firsts” are available like 1st tooth, 1st word, 1st rollover, 1st full night sleep, and more.
- This is a gender-neutral book, but it has a majority of light blue color.
5- Ronica First Year Baby Memory Book & Baby Journal
- It provides a little space for writing.
- Not suitable for non-traditional families.
- It allows only a maximum of 2 pictures per event.
- Available in 4 variants/color and
- Consists of 60 modern design pages
- It comes with all major “Firsts” baby pages and 12 monthly stickers. In addition, you can purchase a separate set of stickers that are available on the same sale page.
- This book comes with a separate space for ultrasound pictures during the pregnancy. This page is labeled as “The Big News”.
- Spaces of footprint and handprint are available.
- This comes with a spiral binding that makes it easy to flip pages.
- High-quality pages.
6 – C.R. Gibson ‘Sweet as Can Be’ Perfect-Bound Memory Book for Newborns and Babies
- The two variants to these books are available only in pink color.
- The standard size pictures have to be cut to fit in the given space.
- Available in 2 variants. One is loose-leaf and another is perfect bound
- It includes a total of 64 pages and comes in a box. However, these memory books come in a box to provide safety for years.
- Floral watercolor design is applied throughout the book.
- This book has 2 sections of the baby shower and 4 pages in case you have two of these functions.
- You can affix a photo of your baby on the cover page but you need to cut the photo as per available size.
- At the end of the book, there are two pages especially for the to-be mother and to-be father so that they can write something special for their baby.
7 – Minimalist Baby Memory Book – LGBTQ Friendly
- Stickers are not available
- Not suitable for all families
- Price is a little high as compared to other books of same class.
- Best for non-traditional family and also for a single parent.
- A total of 60 pages are available in this book.
- The color scheme is not specific to a particular gender. You can use this book either for a boy or a girl.
- It is divided into 4 different sections, i.e. Baby’s arrival, the first 12 months, first and special milestones, and year 2 to 5.
- You can fix the photo of the standard size (4” X 6”) without any cutting. In most baby memory books, from the cover page to the last page, there is a need to cut photos to make them fit in a given space. Sometimes, it is very hard to cut photos – no more photo cutting anymore.
- All important “Firsts” pages are available.
- This book is consists of the best material. It uses A-grade linen book cover with embossed silver stamping, and 200 gsm acid-free inner pages.
- This book uses “Our” and “We” in place of “mommy” and “daddy” for the first year of the baby. Maybe you are a single parent or you have adopted a child, nothing would suits you better than this memory book.
- Keepsakes envelop of 6” X 6” is included with this book to store precious things – like hospital documents, a band, and much more.
- The space of handprint and footprint is available.
8 – Pearhead Hello Baby First 5 Years Baby Memory Book with Sonogram Photo Insert
- There are not month to month pages, but it has for each birthday, firsts, and special occasions pages.
- The footprint page is given inside rather than on the cover page.
- If you are looking for a colorful book, this isn’t for you because it seems to be a dull book from inside.
- The quality of paper is not so good. It is thin that makes issues while gluing the photos.
- This book is available in three variants.
- It has a beautiful cover page that consists of Black and Gold polka dots.
- This memory book includes a total of 50 pages with the space to affix photos on each page.
- We have already covered two memory books from Pearhead’s. All these books contain common pros, cons, can the inside content.
- This book is a little different because it allows the parents to affix the sonogram photo in place of handprint or footprint on the cover page.
- On the left side of the book, you can write, and on the right side of the book, you can paste related photos.
- This is less a neutral gender and more a boy’s book. Because it comes with light blue in color and the color of internal pages are grey and white.
9 – The Amazing Baby Memory Book by KiddosArt
- Not suitable to single parents or non-traditional families
- In the entire book, you can affix the photos with only one orientation i.e. Landscape.
- This baby memory book has 72 colorful pages with joyful animal characters.
- It comes with 12 monthly stickers, a decorated box, and a keepsake envelop to store important things.
- On each page, the size for a photo is written that makes us easy to cut the image of required size and paste it on the specific place.
- It also has a chart to measure monthly growth.
- All the inner pages are of good quality and thick in size.
- A specific page for baby shower and mentioning the gifts.
- It is gender neutral and comes in a tough plastic box.
- If there is a need to add extra pages, you can do this by removing the spiral binding and adding a page, and then fixing the spiral to its initial position.
- It includes some blank pages at the last to add more information.
10 – As You Grow: A Modern Memory Book for Baby
- The book is not so colorful as it has to be.
- Pages are thin that let the user difficult in affixing photos.
- It doesn’t come with a box for safekeeping.
- It doesn’t come with a ribbon to resume the writing from where you have ended.
- Not enough space to paste vertical pictures
- It is a gender neutral baby memory book
- This book has six sections in total, which starts from “pregnancy” and ends on “letters for your child”.
- The cover page of linen material with the design of stamped leaves and has spiral binding.
- Inner pages of this book are acid free.
- Handmade artwork in the entire book.
- It is creative and unique.
Guide to Purchase the Best Baby Memory Book
- At first, you need to consider the book you are buying for a traditional family or a non-traditional one. Because the books with traditional family moto have many questions that can offend a single parent or an LGBTQ community member.
- While purchasing, keep your budget in your mind. The price range of baby memory books starts from $25 and goes up to $50.
- Not all books come with a box for safekeeping. Mostly, these books have a format to provide information for up to 5 years. But, the motive of this book does not end for 5 years. However, the time starts after 5th year. If someone is purchasing a book, he/she wants to get old with this book as remembering good memories is one of the best pleasure you can live in.
- It’s up to you, whether you want to write the baby’s information in a detailed manner or want to give an overview. So, make sure to know the number of pages and provided information before purchasing.
If you are looking for a Baby Shower Guest Book, click below: